ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Broom Pusher and
Gentlemen;

Along with reading this thread and having been involved with Permit Applications / submitting Planset / Misc. trips to Building Departments, would like to inquire to some of the local DBS in my area, as to perform (possibly) Part-Time Planchecking services.

As several here are involved with this, how does a Clown such as I go about doing what is needed?

Feel free to contact me directly if preferred, or just reply to this thread.

BTW, my E-mail address (phonetically) is:

adst at pacbell dot net
(just remove the spaces, and change "at" to "@", and "dot" to ".").

Any Info. is helpful! [Linked Image]

TIA!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Broom Pusher and
Just wanted to see "Watts-Up" [Linked Image] regarding my above post.

TIA!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
P
I took all three in December of 2002 to see how I would do. Experior lets you schedule two in one day and the third test for another day. I took them 1&2 one day, and the 3rd the next. Plan review is considerably harder than the 1st two. The study guide if nothing else gives you an idea of the style of the questions and is of great help for anyone who is not a genius in finding info in the NEC. the testing center I took the test at sits you in a booth with a desk, with a computerized testing format - which is very easy and I liked. Also one note: the entire test is filmed, by a camera right over your head, if you roll your chair so you are out of the cameras sight you fail. You have to ask the procter to go to the bathroom if you need to, so he can pause the camera. Remember you have 2 hours to take this test. In studying pay particular attention to Art 220 as that is most peoples weakness.
Good Luck

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
R
In addition to Pierre's great post, I would add that I had trouble with articles 500 and 517. Perhaps it is just me, but it seems to me that if you don't work with those articles on a regular basis, it almost seems as though they are written in Greek [Linked Image]

Again, good luck [Linked Image]

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
S
SJT Offline
I had taken all 3 exams over the course of 3 years. I took the General first, then plan review, and I saved my favorite for last, one and two family dwellings. I can say, study hard like you would be taking a masters. They seem to throw questions at you that are not in any order, unlike the study guides. If you study, you'll find it's a good test.
Best of luck

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard