ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#29039 09/09/03 08:26 PM
P
I'm sure some of you will think I'm bad for ratting them
Not at all. Turn 'em in, and let them get what's coming to them.

People have to place trust in the people they let into their homes to do jobs. These sort of good-for-nothings betray that trust and only serve to get all tradesman a bad name.

#29040 09/10/03 01:58 PM
B
ElectricAl:
"If I am aware of others doing it, I act to stop it. If, in my act to stop it, I do a crime, I have not stopped it, but added to it."

There's a legal term for this that's also well-known in the Human Resource world: collusion. From www.m-w.com online dictionary: secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose

If you know an offense occured or is occuring and you do nothing about it, you're on the verge of being an accomplice to it.

I say "Rat 'em out! and Run 'em off if possible!" The downside to that is that they'll set up their operation elsewhere as I believe their habit of stealing is deeply ingrained and not likely to change without a compelling reason or some EFFECTIVE rehabilitation.

#29041 09/10/03 04:22 PM
S
Being that he's from south of the border, maybe the rules are different back home. He's here sucking the country dry of all the financial, health

No they're not. Let's not turn this into another "my country vs. your country" fan-dan-go.

South of the border, you steal from your boss, you get your *** kicked off the job. It's that simple.

Hell...it's probably even worse. They might even call the cops on the crook _after_ the bossman punches his lights out. (OK I may be exaggerating there a bit).

Good for you for telling on him.

However, regardless of what others here say, do not (DO NOT!) attempt any physical violence.

(I'm a pretty hot-headed guy and I have to try real hard to keep myself under control when something like that happens, so I know from what I speak - since I hear it all the time. No, thank God I've never been in gaol)

Otherwise YOU, sir, will run the risk of being arrested for assault and battery and if you do it on the job, losing your job (not a good thing in this economy). Bossman don't put up with no knuckle-dustin on the job, that's f'shore.

Tell your boss what you see. End of story.

Ball's in his court as to what (if anything) he wants to do.

Period.

And as for all of you other fellow hot-heads encouraging physical altercations, consider this: Would you do it yourself and risk losing your job, getting thrown in jail, getting YOURSELF hurt instead and eventually, having the crook turn around and sue you for what you did to him?

Take it from THIS hothead. It AIN'T WORTH IT!!

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 09-10-2003).]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard