I saw a guy I work with stealing something from the place where we're working. Turns out he'd been stealing various items over the course of a week. Another guy stole something else, I found out, and the alarm went off when he took it out the door. I squealed on the first guy as soon as it happened a few days ago, then he admitted to me that he stole the other things. Being that he's from south of the border, maybe the rules are different back home. He's here sucking the country dry of all the financial, health and education benefits, then stealing anything he wants from the people who are putting food on his table, and he doesn't think it's wrong.

The other guy ripped something off last night. He looks like a career criminal anyway, but you give a guy the benefit of the doubt, he can't help what he looks like.

I reached my limit. For two days after I found out the first guy was a habitual thief and told the boss about it, I had to work right with him. I didn't want to associate with him at all, didn't want to be around him, and sure didn't like having to leave my tools around him. He kept borrowing tools and taking hardware out of my bag when I was off getting material. I was hoping one of my tools would come up missing so I could take him outside. It was pretty upsetting to me to have to work among thieves. I didn't realize how my face betrayed how I felt inside until people said, "What's wrong?" I tried to appear normal on the outside, but it wasn't working too well I guess.

I circumvented my foreman, since nothing was happening and I kept having to work side by side with the biggest offender. I talked to the big boss at the office after finding out about the 2nd guy. We're going to lose the whole contract, which just recently doubled, if these thieves are caught by the customer. I don't want to work anywhere near them ever again!

I feel bad about having to do it. I don't want to be a squealer. Few things get me riled up like a thief, and sometimes I feel like I should have forced them to apologize and give the money to cover the stolen items to the manager of the place they stole from. They're lucky I didn't call the police!

I'm sure some of you will think I'm bad for ratting them out, but I wonder how many here just can't stand a thief, and have no tolerance for them.

If they confront me when I go back to work, I guess I'll have to mop the parking lot up with them. That's better than calling the police on them for a slap on the wrist, don't you think? Ah, street justice. Gotta love it.

[This message has been edited by Spark Master Flash (edited 09-06-2003).]