ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 176 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Trumpy Offline OP
Sven,
What is "Air-Wolf"?.
Sounds cool!.
Just as a note guys, I have to go the Doctor on Wednesday to have a full Medical to see if I am still fit to fly a chopper, CAA requires this, after all you can't have a pilot having a Coronary in the air!!! [Linked Image]

T
I can fly one of these machines sideways, as in the rotor perpendicular to the ground!

Do not try this at home, boys and girls.

Talk about spilling your coffee...and whatever else you ate for lunch...

[This message has been edited by ThinkGood (edited 09-21-2003).]

M
Trumpy:

Airwolf was an adventure tv show in the mid 80's that ran for 3 or 4 seasons on US tv.
Living in Canada I can dimly remember watching it a few times on cable from the US when I was a kid.

If I remember properly it came out after the
Blue Thunder movie.

Here is a link that explains the show more fully
http://timstvshowcase.com/airwolf.html

P
Airwolf was shown on British TV as well. I think I saw a few episodes, but I don't remember it that well.

I grew up on re-runs of Whirlybirds , for anyone who remembers that one. [Linked Image]

Pilot sits on the left side, over here.

There's an interesting explanation here as to why fixed-wing pilots sit on the left (along with lots of other interesting left vs. right trivia).

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 09-22-2003).]

A
My son flys R/C helecoptors. They are as much fun to watch as the full size ones.

The Golden Rule - "The man with the gold makes the rule"
Trumpy Offline OP
Can anyone tell me what sort of chopper that is, that was used in the AirWolf series?, it looks strange, as it has no skids on it (how do they land it?).
Aldav53, I once had a go at flying a R/C chopper, hate to admit it, but I crashed it not long after I got it off the ground!, it's a whole different ball-game flying something with two small levers.
A full-sized chopper has 4 controls, the cyclic stick (joystick thingy), the collective lever(which also has the throttle on it, much like a Motorcycle throttle) and two tail rotor pedals for adjusting the pitch on the T/Rotor.
It's a co-ordination nightmare!, especially when there is so much to lose, if you lose concentration, helicopter pilots don't tend to say much while they are flying, the co-pilot tends to do all the talking. [Linked Image]

Trumpy Offline OP
One thing that I DO like about flying helicopters is the fact that you get a REAL birds eye view of our mountainous terrain and the snow-capped peaks of the Southern Alps.
I've flown heaps of tourists from Japan, China,Germany, The Netherlands, the UK and even the USSR and every time I have seen something new and I really enjoy this part of being a pilot, I'm not there to make people throw up, I'm just there to let them have a good, decent look at the terrain of New Zealand, as it looks, from above and that's what I want them to leave NZ with remembering, not the Helicopter ride from Hell!. [Linked Image]

G
My first cousin,a Vietnam vet, says when they were flown to an LZ that they put anything they could find in the seats to "armor" their backside. An Atlanta phone book sent by his Mom was a valued piece of "equipment".

He said the Hueys with all their faults were a welcome sight and sound when it was time to get out of there.

Russell

M
Trumpy:

The following information is from www.tvtome.com section on airwolf

Airwolf itself was a highly modified Bell 222b, with a number of fibreglass and aluminium sections fitted to give it its unique look. In the TV series Airwolf may have been capable of supersonic speeds, but in reality, the numerous additions resulted in only slowing the helicopter's speeds! Sadly, the aircraft used for Airwolf crashed in Germany in 1991 (however, most of the specially built modifications are still in existence in the depths of Universal Studios).

Trumpy Offline OP
Just thought I would bump this thread up, seems that Trollog and a few others were so interested in helicopter flight. [Linked Image]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard