ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 504 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#28395 02/11/04 09:46 PM
... What LK said... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
#28396 02/12/04 05:48 AM
Steve,
I'm known locally as the "Last Resort" Electrician.
I do things that most other Sparkies wouldn't even have a clue about, especially with our '70's skillion roofs.
But, with respect to drilling, it's all in the angle that matters, we don't use flexible feeds here, just a 2ft auger bit in sizes up to 2", in a power drill. [Linked Image]

#28397 02/12/04 09:10 AM
S
On this rewire, I already passed the upstairs trial. Had to knock holes everywhere there was a "brace". Homeowner understood, she had a lot of remoldling to do anyway. I tried everything I knew and could do, to get away from it, but just wasn't practical. I've started a little in the downstairs, but I'm waiting on her to clean out some rooms. Plus she's waiting on me, since I've had other work to do also.
It's all working out real well for us both at the time. She's in no hurry,and she doesn't really have much time to clean out downstairs for me, and like I've said, I've been real busy on other jobs. In my absence, it has gave her time to get her carpenters in, to do other work that she's needed. So all in all it's been good. I gave her an estimate in the beginning, but since things have been so unexpected, ( the walls and so forth ) I think she's willing to "compensate" for it. I'm trying to stay as close as I can to the original price.
Right now I'm getting ready to start on some more jobs, until she calls me again. I'm still trying to get the "portable generator wiring" right. Thanks for the input. Steve [Linked Image]

#28398 02/12/04 04:07 PM
S
SJT Offline
Good luck,
Sounds like guite a job. I guess the spackler will follow up with whatever damage you make. I've heard stories where the carpenters will open the sheetrock up from the floor 1 1/2', so that the wiring can be drilled in, and then the rock is repaired after. It's almost the same as new construction then, along with alot of fishin. It's great if you have a carpenter that will work with you, or the homeowner, in the case of a complete re-wire.

#28399 02/12/04 05:40 PM
B
Aside — One part of drilling and fishing in stud walls is that the building owner almost never appreciates the {indeed, thankless} skill and patience {and, face it, luck and agony} an electrician has in redoing existing buildings.

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 02-12-2004).]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard