ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
N
I'm a software engineer at a test equipment company. I'm not a licensed sparky, but am one of the few around here (other than our facilities electricians) who know enough about code to design the AC power distribution boxes for our larger testers...

/mike

S
I'm an industrial maintenance electrician on 3 shift, work as a small residential/light commercial contractor on evenings & weekends. Also can't forget the "honey do "list either.

F
i work as electrican for main job and second job is diesel mechanic i work all size from little single chugger to moster 16 to 24 cylinder engines and few other handy trade as need to keep me busy and spend some time here to trade tips and help other sparkys as we work together [Linked Image]

merci marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

B
Wife/mom 24/7, communications and project controls analyst by day, and surfin' queen/info junkie the rest of the time with a penchant for projects (woodworking, crafting, sewing, gardening, etc) and volunteering.

J
I work for a warehouse as a full time electrician, then have my own business on the side which keeps me busy! Of course the wife also is a good foreman in case I get LAZY!

"Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years to late" Jimmy Buffett
J
Working every 3rd day as a firefighter for the past 13 years, and the off days trying to build a business to pick up where the pension will leave off. 50% after 20 years won't pay off a 30 year mortgage.

The fire salary pays the bills right now and is steady with benefits for the family. However, it's getting tougher to keep everyone happy and on schedule. It's amazing how that one day can mess up a schedule. I am already using vacation time to do the electric work. My wife wants a second truck on the road within the year. My concern is having someone counting on me to put food on their table. I am just happy to be busy.

A
Electrician 25hrs per day...lol, i use to enjoy playing music but now i have let that go due to the demands of my company.

Funny how many fire fighters work in this field. Two of my employees are fire fighters, each on a seperate shift. It works out well for me and them. I think the rest of my crew wants to get on at the fire house for the benefits..lol

arseegee,
It is quite strange how many Electricians are also Fire-Fighters.
I think it's the "Hands-on" thing that draws us all to it.
Being a Fire fighter myself, I just got into it, purely to help people, and it's really satisfying too and to think that at one time I got paid for it too!.
Marc,
I never knew that you were a Diesel Mechanic!, you guys rule!!. [Linked Image]
Roger,
What does FNG mean, by the way?, if I may ask?

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 06-20-2003).]

Trumpy,

The language that the initials stand for would not be appropriate here.

Bill

Bill
S
Fat Nasty Goof [Linked Image]

just kidding Bill!!!!!!

The originator is just using it to mean (ahem ahem) New Guy.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard