ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 189 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#222399 12/02/23 12:53 PM
Cat Servant
A local donut shop was proudly built by the operator. Attached is the receptacles serving the coffee bar. I am truly impressed by the craftsmanship on display. I cannot even guess as to what components were used.

Attached Images
Donut Receptacle.jpg
G
Did he glue that cover on

Greg Fretwell
Cat Servant
Good eye! Glue would be my guess.

The person who did this work currently has an ambitious project adding two "tiny homes" to their rural homestead. I offered to share my insights only to be flatly rejected. Can't have that -- we know you're a pro and will be far too fussy. We just want the bare minimum, just a few plugs. No need for more than an extension cord from the trailer pedestal to each "home."

This is in the same area where a business ran power to their sign by laying the conduit (EMT) in a shallow groove they had cut in their parking lot. No need for minimum depth if it's "not buried." Over the decade since that conduit has been broken countless times. The guy has tried laying angle iron over it, placing parking blocks along it . . . everything except doing it right.

You can't fix deliberate ignorance.

Link Copied to Clipboard