ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Thanx. I have not heard of Galvin Fraham. I'll look that up later

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
L
AK,

Nice looking work in the nut creation and the panels too.

Larry C

K
Originally Posted by sparkyinak
Well, after running out of time and despite some great suggestions, I was not able to find a ready made nut so I broke down and made some. Besides here, I hit up my engineering co-workers and couldn't come up with something. Finally on the last day and the second to last step, a coworker came up and said couldn't I just cut out some aluminium disks like 3/8" to 1/2" thick then tap the center? That would have worked perfectly but I wouldn't had the excuse of buy a gas welder... laugh

link to pics

I brazed 1/2" flange nuts onto 1/2" x 2" fender washers. It was very hard getting even heat as you can see on the unpainted fender washers but I did get some good pentetration. 20 plus years of no brazing didn't help either. I then cut the knotches with a bandsaw then spray painted with cold Galvanize paint.

With the panel installed, you can see how the nuts can be adjusted after installation. I have about a +- 1/4" of play for the panel.

Thanx again for everyones input

Looks to me like they came out pretty nice. What type/brand of rod and flux did you end up using?

S
Thanx guys. The rod (read off of PO) 15FC-low fuming bronze flux coating brazing rod 3/32 rod. Not sure about the maker of the rods.

Assembling the panel today with these nuts. They sure made the QOU breakers line up nicely and easy with the cabinet cover so the handles stick out

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard