ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Looks neat, I would like to give them a try. Does this need to be adjusted as the spool gets smaller?

You said the first is for 12 ga. wire, why would size matter?

How about if they were made from a springy plastic that could be flexed to install over the reel?

On a side note, will there be a market for this when some manufacturers are now selling spool-less wire in shrink wrap?

They look good. The real test is in how well they actually perform. The only way to do that is make a bunch, and put them in a test market. The company I work for usually buys spools of wire that are minimum 5000'. I don't see a real need for them in wire sizes larger than #6, or on large spools of small wire like I mentioned above. But for the service truck driver, and commercial jobs, (if they really perform) they could really be useful. One way to find out how well they will sell is to have a forum of electrical "experts" in your area. Bring them in, feed them dinner, pay them a reasonable feed for their time, and give them a few samples. I wouldn't just call field personel, but supervisors, estimators, etc., etc.
About 2 years ago a company named Rectorseal called me, and paid me along with others in our area $75.00 for about 3 hours of our time. They were developing a wire pulling compound, and just recently I saw it in a magazine, or advertisment. They said that if they could get around 3% of the Yellow 77 sells, it would mean millions to their company. A few months after the meeting, they called, and I set up a "field test" where they came out with a 5 gallon bucket of their product, and we used it to pull in a run of (4) 500 Kcmil for a service we were building. They video taped it, and interviewed our "hands" afterward. It must have helped them because it is on the market today.
3M called me for a wire marking system they were developing, but I haven't seen it out yet. Maybe they didn't like my input? Heck, they paid me $150.00 cash for about an hour and a half.

Feedback...where's the distortion? [Linked Image]
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
Administrator
Daria,

We have an area at www.Electrical-Classified.com that you may use for more Feedback on this.

Good Luck

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard