ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 560 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Frank,

How long ago did you take the tests?

And, I have been thinking about the plan review test. Whats it like? What kind of questions?

And no, I didn't prepare at all. I'm really starting to think that I got lucky.

F
master66-

I took the ONE AND TWO FAMILY DWELLING and the ELECTRICAL GENERAL in 1986.
I took the PLAN REVIEW examination in 1991.
There were more calculations required on the Plan Review exam. I also remember quite a few questions on NEC Article 500 and 430.
I took my Master Elec. test in 1988 and I equate the level of difficulty to it.
Both exams gave me the same degree of headache.
I didn't feel confident after leaving the test room for the PLAN REVIEW test.
It was a great relief to receive my test score in the mail indicating I had passed.
By the way, are the IAEI exams given with computers now days?

Frank

M
Frank,

Yes, the tests are given by computer and you receive your results before you leave the test center.

If you don't pass, I believe you get your score and how you did on each area of the test.

If you pass, your results simply say "Pass". I have been told that the computer corrects the test until you receive a passing percentage then it stops. You never get your actual score if you pass an exam.

F
master66-

I forgot to mention that IAEI used to sell what they called study modules for the Electrical Inspector examinations. I found this type of study guide to be very useful for my preparation.
If you consider taking the PLAN REVIEW exam you may want to consider the investment.

Frank

H
Joe,

I took all of the IAEI tests in '95 and I too passed the ICS and the HHS requirements. I still have you to thank though, you told me to go for it, even though, I didn't think I could do it. You gave a bunch of us encouragement, training, and the basic knowledge of what to expect. Now I am a working inspector out in the field. I feel that my years of being a contractor has also helped me be a better inspector. (I know all the tricks that I use to use on inspectors.) [Linked Image]. I also try to use some common sense to the job site and I have your "Be Practical" chart hanging in my office. Thanks again for being there for me.

Caper

S
SJT Offline
Hello Joe,
I had taken the General and the plan review and passed. I hope to take the one and two family dwelling one soon. I have a masters in 2 counties. Do you know of any other exams that are available to us that would be helpfull? The
IAEI exams really make you dig into the code to get the answers.
Happy Holidays

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard