ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 402 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Cat Servant
Business uses .... now there's something to consider!

There seem to be two approaches to having a major tool in your business. Think of them as "John's way" and "My plumbers' way."
Disclaimer: The plumber makes far more than I do!

"John's way" is where you quietly add the tool to your truck, and pull it out as needed. You rely on the tool making you look good, by letting you do a better job. You might even get some 'trickle down' business, as word gets around that you can do certain jobs that the others can't.

"The plumbers' way" is where you separate the new tool from your list of 'normal' tools, and add a surcharge to your bill whenever the use of it is required. The plumber also makes sure everyone in town knows he has the latest toy .... going so far as to write it on the side of his truck, and mention it in his 'on hold' recording. That nearly every other plumber has the tool by now doesn't matter .... he continues to hammer in the 'high-tech and up-to-date' message.

there is a foundry in town here that used this service .
the "tech" showed up every six months and went on a tour of the plant with the Senior Electrician who randomly picked things to scan.

then a nice binder was produced with all the scans that required some attention along with a priority schedule.

it also included a brief explanation of WHERE in the plant it was....... lol

it was actually quite helpful in trying to eliminate some of the many problems in the plant.
and since I had nothing to do with the walk-down I received several trinkets from the tech ........coffee mug, hats, keychains, t-shirt

I have no idea as to where you could begin to drum up business.maybe along I-55 from Plainfield to Bolingbrook.

Hinsdale hospital ?
there is a new school in Bolingbrook
Stevenson Crane has lots of receps in the backlot for all the crane block heaters
maybe some of the truck terminals out that way

for that matter try getting your foot in at Argonne Labs

Tom
G
I've no experience of thermal imaging, but I did have extensive experience of electronic instruments, though a few years ago now. Fluke was then always up with the best for design performance and quality. Pricey but reliable. Fairly robust though, again, expensive to fix when you break it!

L
From my surfing at the Heatinghelp.com website, FLIR (brand name) seems to be the most often used IR Imager posted.

Larry C

S
IR scanning is big investment. A good IR camera I priced are around $20k. Training is not cheap but a must if you are going to market it. There are several makers of IR equipment who support their product with training. I use a camera made by FLIR and they have certification programs. Click here for more info

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard