ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 504 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
I recently had asked some questions at an Electronics store. We're wiring up a sound studio, wanted to know what proper wiring to use to eliminate ground noise and interference, also proper jacks for stereo effect, seemed like none of them could give us a clue. We had researched it ourselves and went back to find out they had everything we needed.

[This message has been edited by Wirenuttt (edited 11-11-2002).]

S
Trumpy sez:
*People who stand over you and watch your every move, until your'e done, mean while
constantly asking questions about what your are doing.*

I used to do that a lot when I was a kid....
Good way to learn.

Course now that I'm older I know better and keep my distance and wait till the guy's done to ask him questions and then go do some research..

Now...my pet peeve is the Home Depot stores where the shelves are never stocked properly (20-amp fuses where the 15-amps should be, that kind of thing).

Or when said displays are empty and you look up and see all the boxes of what you need nicely sealed in the shelves up top.

And the stock guys who should be manning the counters are outside smoking cigarrettes and joking around with each other.

Meanwhile someone walks out with a few feet of 12AWGx2 AC that they didn't pay for..... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 11-11-2002).]

Tom Offline
Joe,

I'll try real hard to limit myself to just one & i'm sure it is on your list.

Homeowners that install their own wiring & then whine & complain when I write a violation notice & make them correct it. They feel, for some reson, that the building codes shouldn't apply to them & that if it is in working condition, it must be safe.

Tom

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
T
Pet peeve...Hmmm......how about those HUGE lovable dogs that have to lay on your tools then commence to greet you everytime you crouch down to grab a needed item from your pouch, or those miniature Yappy dern hair balls that insist on biting you everytime you move.
Ask the homeowner to put Fifi or Pierre in safe place, so you don't accidently step on em......

Tiff

A
wow..........what really gets on my wick is when you stand in a store waiting to pay or get assistance and the 'assistant' is engrossed in a conversation with a colleage talking about the latest harry potter film or on the phone talking about the latest harry potter film . once i was buying milk and these two girls were chatting away like i wasnt there about make up and how to apply it.when i asked if they were going to take my money, one got bent out of shape and told me to wait untill they had finished. I dropped the milk , walked out and wondered if by the time they finished their conversation the puddle had got under the shelves where it would be 'really' hard to clean up. i guess they lost the profit on that gallon in more ways than one .

Broom Pusher and
I'll only list the two from today, which have lodged under my skin like a Tatoo!!

<OL TYPE=1>

[*]Fry's is slowly pushing out the equipment I need, or I am interested in (Especially LAN equipment and simple ISA / PCI cards) - in favor of the most "Trendy" items which target the "Trendy" Users. Used to be 50/50 with the Geek items and the trendy items, but now is 90/10 with the "10%" covering any and all geek related items!,

[*]Can't purchase 10 feet of 18/2 SO cord at Home Desperate without calling the RCMP out to find the correct person - with the current passcode - to operate the wire spools rack, then give me the dang cable I am describing and pointing at, instead of telling me there is none like that, or it's too big for my application.... - and can properly operate the runout length meter with the cutter!!!
</OL>

Must...stop...noww...www...www... Anger---Growing!......Flames,,,----Shooting From,,--,,Ears!.... Feel---Need---To---Rant--And---Rage---Increasing....
>General Protection Fault In Module: RantandRage.exe<

[Linked Image]

Scott s.e.t.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
LOL @ Scott35! Too funny!

My latest complaint:

Chandeliers that have chains larger than the canopy hole and ring, so that the canopy won't slide down out of the way to make room for the screwdriver when fastening the strap to the box... GRRR!

Instuctions actually say to install the strap first and twist the hanger on (while twisting the poor conductors between chain and all-thread)...

I'll try to scan and post the instructions in new thread...

<time passes>

Here it is!

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 11-19-2002).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
T
Christmas lights that work fine when plugged in on the ground,but string them up on a 2 story house with 12 12 pitch and you have to spend 2 hours to get them to work again.
BAH HUMBUG

Donnie
S
ya hadda say it txsparky......
[Linked Image from thehollywoodstore.com]

who was that 'Feeston' dude ,i'd like to thank him personally.....

E
When I am going through the new posts on this board sometimmes when I go back to the topics the "new post" indicator is gone. Very annoying. When posting sometimes I have to go back to fix some spelling. If I type a new word it will not move the other words, it will go over them thereby erasing some of the post. Sorry if I have not made this clear enough for anyone to understand.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard