ECN Forum
Posted By: Joe Tedesco Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/10/02 11:25 PM
This is the world's complaint department and should be used to register a complaint about anything that bugs you!

My first complaint is that some electronic stores have no clue when it comes to answering simple techinical questions.
Posted By: CTwireman Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/10/02 11:36 PM
Bad service! Unfortunately, supply stores have now joined the big boxes for the dubious distinction of having minimal to non-existent customer service.

Not electrical, but this one really bugs me: Gridlock! Have you ever noticed how many cars are on the road these days? And the fact that none of them are moving!?! [Linked Image]
Posted By: sparky Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/11/02 12:30 AM
an invite to complain, by the geezus..!

from the hip>>

~When the homeowner has to video every trade, with interviews....

~When the absentee owner needs to call every 15 minutes for a job update...

~When the retired shutins treat you like some sort of celebrity
(Look Ricky! ,an electrician!.... let's call Fred & Ethel...)

~When they say 'our dog doesn't bite' and his dish is under the panel....

~When suppliers fien being Chronologically challenged....

~When the carpenters build things that cannot be wired correctly

~When the delivey kid practices punting all your goods.
Joe, were you christmas shopping today? I have too many to list and I don't know where to start! Ever notice the echo when you're calling for help in the big box stores?
Posted By: wirewiz Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/11/02 04:33 AM
Scott, I agree... and when they finally get their they act like they are doing you a big favor.

My complaint; When the people at the Big Orange Box are giving incorrect wiring instructions.
Wirewiz
Posted By: Trumpy Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/11/02 05:21 AM
Good Idea Joe!.
A few things spring to mind:
*Architects that draw your plans(electrical)
and expect you to do the job, even though it is clearly impossible, even the Boy can see this.
*People who bring their Oven/Dishwasher/Fridge, in to the shop at 1655Hrs and want it fixed before you go home.
*People who stand over you and watch your every move, until your'e done, mean while
constantly asking questions about what your are doing.
Posted By: electric-ed Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/11/02 12:47 PM
People who copy and paste large pieces of the code into discussion board posts. [Linked Image]

Ed
I'll second that Ed!
I'll call the customer the night before to confirm we're still on track for the next am. Show up right on time bring all the gear in, pick up the tools and BAM "Oh I need to get the car out so I can go to work" Happens all the time. drves me crazy. They know I am comming and sometimes other trades as well. Its a big juggling show with trucks. If it happens more than once with the same job I add $50.00 to the final bill. Would this be spiteful?
Posted By: mvrandazzo Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/11/02 02:26 PM
How about a service change with so much stuff in it you only have a path 12" wide from the top of the stairs all the way to the panel. At least a $100 add-on. [Linked Image]
Posted By: rowd Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/11/02 04:03 PM
I'll call the customer the night before to confirm we're still on track for the next am. Show up right on time bring all the gear in, pick up the tools and BAM "Oh I need to get the car out so I can go to work" Happens all the time. drves me crazy.

I hear ya. I tell clients that when I show up I will need their driveway to unload the equipment. Usually works.
Posted By: Wirenuttt Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/11/02 06:11 PM
I recently had asked some questions at an Electronics store. We're wiring up a sound studio, wanted to know what proper wiring to use to eliminate ground noise and interference, also proper jacks for stereo effect, seemed like none of them could give us a clue. We had researched it ourselves and went back to find out they had everything we needed.

[This message has been edited by Wirenuttt (edited 11-11-2002).]
Posted By: SvenNYC Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/11/02 10:04 PM
Trumpy sez:
*People who stand over you and watch your every move, until your'e done, mean while
constantly asking questions about what your are doing.*

I used to do that a lot when I was a kid....
Good way to learn.

Course now that I'm older I know better and keep my distance and wait till the guy's done to ask him questions and then go do some research..

Now...my pet peeve is the Home Depot stores where the shelves are never stocked properly (20-amp fuses where the 15-amps should be, that kind of thing).

Or when said displays are empty and you look up and see all the boxes of what you need nicely sealed in the shelves up top.

And the stock guys who should be manning the counters are outside smoking cigarrettes and joking around with each other.

Meanwhile someone walks out with a few feet of 12AWGx2 AC that they didn't pay for..... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 11-11-2002).]
Posted By: Tom Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/12/02 07:39 PM
Joe,

I'll try real hard to limit myself to just one & i'm sure it is on your list.

Homeowners that install their own wiring & then whine & complain when I write a violation notice & make them correct it. They feel, for some reson, that the building codes shouldn't apply to them & that if it is in working condition, it must be safe.

Tom
Pet peeve...Hmmm......how about those HUGE lovable dogs that have to lay on your tools then commence to greet you everytime you crouch down to grab a needed item from your pouch, or those miniature Yappy dern hair balls that insist on biting you everytime you move.
Ask the homeowner to put Fifi or Pierre in safe place, so you don't accidently step on em......

Tiff
Posted By: andylea Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/17/02 08:43 AM
wow..........what really gets on my wick is when you stand in a store waiting to pay or get assistance and the 'assistant' is engrossed in a conversation with a colleage talking about the latest harry potter film or on the phone talking about the latest harry potter film . once i was buying milk and these two girls were chatting away like i wasnt there about make up and how to apply it.when i asked if they were going to take my money, one got bent out of shape and told me to wait untill they had finished. I dropped the milk , walked out and wondered if by the time they finished their conversation the puddle had got under the shelves where it would be 'really' hard to clean up. i guess they lost the profit on that gallon in more ways than one .
Posted By: Scott35 Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/19/02 03:16 AM
I'll only list the two from today, which have lodged under my skin like a Tatoo!!

<OL TYPE=1>

[*]Fry's is slowly pushing out the equipment I need, or I am interested in (Especially LAN equipment and simple ISA / PCI cards) - in favor of the most "Trendy" items which target the "Trendy" Users. Used to be 50/50 with the Geek items and the trendy items, but now is 90/10 with the "10%" covering any and all geek related items!,

[*]Can't purchase 10 feet of 18/2 SO cord at Home Desperate without calling the RCMP out to find the correct person - with the current passcode - to operate the wire spools rack, then give me the dang cable I am describing and pointing at, instead of telling me there is none like that, or it's too big for my application.... - and can properly operate the runout length meter with the cutter!!!
</OL>

Must...stop...noww...www...www... Anger---Growing!......Flames,,,----Shooting From,,--,,Ears!.... Feel---Need---To---Rant--And---Rage---Increasing....
>General Protection Fault In Module: RantandRage.exe<

[Linked Image]

Scott s.e.t.
Posted By: sparky66wv Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/19/02 04:12 AM
LOL @ Scott35! Too funny!

My latest complaint:

Chandeliers that have chains larger than the canopy hole and ring, so that the canopy won't slide down out of the way to make room for the screwdriver when fastening the strap to the box... GRRR!

Instuctions actually say to install the strap first and twist the hanger on (while twisting the poor conductors between chain and all-thread)...

I'll try to scan and post the instructions in new thread...

<time passes>

Here it is!

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 11-19-2002).]
Posted By: txsparky Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/23/02 10:03 PM
Christmas lights that work fine when plugged in on the ground,but string them up on a 2 story house with 12 12 pitch and you have to spend 2 hours to get them to work again.
BAH HUMBUG
Posted By: sparky Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/24/02 12:09 AM
ya hadda say it txsparky......
[Linked Image from thehollywoodstore.com]

who was that 'Feeston' dude ,i'd like to thank him personally.....
When I am going through the new posts on this board sometimmes when I go back to the topics the "new post" indicator is gone. Very annoying. When posting sometimes I have to go back to fix some spelling. If I type a new word it will not move the other words, it will go over them thereby erasing some of the post. Sorry if I have not made this clear enough for anyone to understand.
Posted By: Roger Re: Complaint Department! Register Here! - 11/24/02 01:03 AM
Boy, this could get lengthy on my part, but for now, I'll just agree with Ed's earlier post.

Roger
© ECN Electrical Forums