ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 402 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
On the tracking issue, if you use service software, it will track your job material from the workorders, a great scheduling program is www.ayanova.com and you can use it for your inventory, pricing, proposals, it's a real workhorse.

I have purchased this software as this is a whole service software program.
What ever i was looking for in service software this is providing it.
The Canadian Cost for it was 175.00.
.It is Cheaper in the USA and This Company is basically in my back yard.

[This message has been edited by dougwells (edited 11-06-2006).]

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
P
I have been looking at the software also.

Did you look at other brands? ServiceCEO, etc. I don't mind spending up to $1000 for a good package.

I'm tired of taking a call, writing down the info, typing it into Outlook, then writing out a job ticket, and then when the jobs done type it all into QB.

I also need to be able to track where the job lead comes from so I can figure out where to spend the advertising dollars.

I have looked into others
Download the demo Its for a major computer service company . you can see what this software has to offer. you can make a price sheet with it you can print the task to a work order and invoice... This stuff will take me a bit to learn but it follows the Job status theres a scheduler with it I wont be able to comment much but I can see where this is a Whole system for any type of service work.

[This message has been edited by dougwells (edited 11-07-2006).]

M
What I did is buy a cross platform database program called Filemaker. It takes some real study to get the full hang of creating really useful stuff on your own, forget what the box cover says, it is not all that user friendly at first. But once I used it enough it started getting a lot easier. (Like Autocad was). Now I can make my own tracker, or gas/mileage record keeper, or flat rate book or whatever I can dream up. Works for Windows, Mac, or LInux. http://www.filemaker.com/

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard