ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 414 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
LK Offline
Dnk,

One way to understand flat rate, is, you do everything just as you would, when making up a contract, your scope of work, that you would put in the contract, is spelled out on the pre printed sheets, these sheets or pages, are helpful, for those, that may find estimating, either time consuming, or difficult, and would like to have a better way of pricing a job, and having more of those jobs making money.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 09-27-2006).]

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
E
I found this earlier on in the topic under dnk's quote:

Here is an interesting quote, I don't know who said it.

"If you have to tell the world how great you are....your probably not"

The problem with this quote is . Customers want to know what sets you apart from "the competition" How else do you do so without lowering your rates? You tell them how you will do it better...usually. I do code corrections as 40% of my business on average and it's because I am better than the guy that was there before me(my opinion) but I get hired because I point it out. I often "boast of how good I am thats how I set myself apart. But I am not the best and will never say the best.I just think the comment is a little demeaning of techs with confidence in their work. If you don't have confidence in your work then you don't need to be doing the job at hand. This is why some guys rates are so low... no confidence. I will now stop going on and on about it.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard