ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 92 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Trumpy Offline OP
I'm up pretty late tonight, by my standards,
the lights are dipping and diving in brightness(Reclosers working), I have a Power Board RT here at home and it has just sprung into life!.
Hope there are no lines down around the district, memories of last year are slowly coming back.
Broken poles and lines all over the place,
I was supposed to be on holiday at the time, too!.
Never mind, duty still calls, eh?. [Linked Image]

P
<sings> "And if it snows that stretch down south won't ever stand the strain....." [Linked Image]

Guess you'll have to consider moving up to the warmer climes of the North Island! [Linked Image]

Trumpy Offline OP
Well, the snow is still around over here.
But at least it stopped, by the next morning.
Paul,
I quite like the good range of weather we get down here in the South Island, summer is always good, besides, there's too many volcanoes in the North Island for my liking!. [Linked Image]
Apparently though, we are supposed to be getting MORE snow on Friday!(ARRRRGH!) [Linked Image]

T
I remember that snow stuff...
[Linked Image from 65.108.216.53]

Right now, it's 27°C, 72% relative humidity. Nice, thick, East Coast USA air...

Trumpy Offline OP
The snow is just a memory now, although there is a few wee piles of it melting away.
Sure glad we didn't get any more!. [Linked Image]
Weather is slowly starting to warm up, roll on Summer, I say.

P
We're enjoying a warm spell the last couple of days here on the east coast of England. It's been up to nearly 80 today, just had a brief thunderstorm, but it's unusually warm and humid for nearly 9 pm.

It seems to be quite warm right across Europe at the moment.

C-H,
Are these normal temperatures for this time of year right up in Northern Sweden ?

D
It's 10.45pm and still 23C here, I think 29C was our high today.
Nice weather unless you have to work in a roof space, long may it last.

C
C-H Offline
Paul,
good question. Sweden is unusually warm at the moment. We have 30°C in Stockholm which is pretty much as high is it ever goes. I've never ventured that far north, but it's not cold in summer even far up north. They'll be enjoying 24 hour daylight this time of year...

P
David,
29C = 84F. I guess that puts an end to complains from us Sassenachs about it always being cold up in Scotland!

C-H,
I reckon that midnight sun's really working overtime. I just checked back at Lulea and at 1 p.m. your time it's 90 degrees! (Or 32C to you [Linked Image]) Phew!

Trump,
Sorry if we're making you feel a little envious, but you'll have your chance to get even in six months time! [Linked Image]

Meanwhile, let's all head for Lapland.... [Linked Image]

C
C-H Offline
Well, it sure seems like a good time to go there. I hear that the dry weather has killed the mosquitos up north. (I think they are out of places to hatch in.) I suppose the locals can for once see a clear sky without mosquito clouds... [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard