ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 161 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Thanks for the welcome. I've been registered for a couple of months, but have been visiting for about a year now.
I worked as a construction electrician in the fifties and sixties, and have been teaching the Electrical Apprentice Program at our community college in Prince Edward Island, Canada, for over thirty years.

The NEC and CEC are similar in principle, but very different in the details, numbering system, etc.

Because I am not very familiar with the NEC (but I'm learning, thanks to this forum) I must limit my responses to questions involving basic principles.

[Linked Image from electric-ed.com]

Ed

Gidday,
Yes, we do have daylight-saving time,
over here, we are about to go into
this next month(first weekend of
October).
Jees, you guys stay up late, 1:50AM?.
Cheers Trumpy

Hello All, Again!

Sign on, no one bites here!

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 09-21-2002).]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
P
Hello,
I'm an industrial electrician in the Chicagoland area. I enjoy reading your posts because it assures me that there are still people out there who want to do a job correctly. Some of the hack's I work with make my brain melt.

I'd give my eye teeth to get a Chicago liscense. I've been trying for years, but the requirements are too strict. I'd have to work for a liscensed contractor for two years before I can take the test. There's no work here, nobody's hiring. Or they can't keep you on for two continuous years.

I enjoy your posts, but have to filter out half of your info. Here in Chicago we work by Chicago codes. They are way more strict than the rules that the rest of you play by. Something about a fire we had here a few years back. . . .

T
TE Offline
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

[This message has been edited by TE (edited 10-03-2002).]

C
[Linked Image] hi all. i've been around awhile.not a licensed electrician, but do a lot of the work mostly residental. i'm an avid wtthour meter collector & other old electrical eqipment.joe you've got a great site & you guys are GREAT!

H
I guess I will add my 2 cents here. I have been on BB's for more than 12 years now. Joe can tell you this. I was in the electrical trade since 1975, and I was in my own business since 1984. I left the trade to become an electrical inspector. With the help of Joe T. He pushed me into getting my own inspectors lic. and I still can't thank him enough. The man knows his code. He probably forgot more than I will ever know. I just hope That I will be 1/2 the inspector that Joe is. I have been a working inspector since 1998. I must be a nut because I spend my spare time talking and discussing code.

Caper

D
I am a CTE Instructor for the Windham School District and part time electrical contractor. I enjoy reading the many topics here on the forum and use it continuously as a resource of information. Its great to know there are so many electricians truly concerned for the well being of others and for our chosen profession. I just registered 9/12/02 and will try to participate more often.

I'm glad to hear from some new members here!

I know that there are many more that read this board regularly, or that register and have never posted. I'd like to see more of them involved. How about it?

Where are you from? What do you do?

If anyone is having trouble or is unsure about registering or posting messages just send me an email and I'd be happy to help you out.

Bill
Bill@Electrical-Contractor.net

Bill
Harold:

Gee thanks for the kind words! I always enjoyed it when when added a new member and hope that it will continue here.

I also think that we all should really thank Bill because he is the person who made this board happen!

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard