ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 164 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
That is some pretty work Bob. And it is nice when the GC has clean up guys police the place. I think the dry wall people might be federal undercover agents or something though, I doubt if they're really dry wallers. [Linked Image]

Sam, San Francisco Bay Area
Cat Servant
I recently encountered work like this....and with approximately 300 openings in the walls, they only missed six.

This contrasts with another job- where one side of the building was done professionally, while the other side had the boxes packed with mud. Obviously two different guys at work!

Great thread Bob!,
Good to occassionally see the other side of the story.
BTW, nice cable work too, it's a shame to have to hide something that neat in the walls. [Linked Image]

Y
I ran AC by the mile when I lived in CT. Here in central TX it's not allowed, so MC is used. Most everywhere I've seen the bushings used too.

I've never had a short due to moving a troffer, but once had to investigate after the HVAC guy felt a little tingle of current from the troffer. (Seems the snap-fit of those knockout plates doesn't really assure a good ground, and don't even get me started about the guys who just wrap the wire around the screw and don't tighten it down!)

What gets me (AC back in the day had steel armor, and yes, I learned to cut it with a hacksaw, circa 1994), is that MC with the aluminum armor stretches so easily. You install it carefully, and then someone comes along and bashes it. Then the armor uncoils, and all that is left to protect the insulation is that wrap of clear plastic that supposedly obviates the need for bushings. If that's OK, then what is the armor for? I think that's why they outlawed NM in high-rise construction, right?

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard