ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 504 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Checked with the older guys at the shop.Seems they remember the 3/4" dry wall fire stop was dropped by the building code in 1989 like Sandro said.I have no idea what i was thinking obviously you need the plywood when you have all that stuff to put next to the panel loomex , doorbell xformer cable and phone.Generally we try to stay away from wood at our plant because it's a noncombustible building.It's not illegal just not ideal in our application.Also we take the CCS update course when the new code book comes out.You get two code books.One regular code book and another that rationalizes the the new rules.I have to say The ESA Continuing Care Service is the best idea they've ever had You always get the same inspector.And they seem to have an(we're in this together attitude)
cheers

[This message has been edited by frank (edited 12-29-2005).]

I decided to order the CD from Crown Publications
hope i have fun with it

C
Who is telling you that switches and panels should be mounted on fireproof wood when installed on a concrete surface? Also you write "should" instead of "must". That in itself may be indicative of why you can't find anything in the code book. I always install plywood behind residntial service panels to facilitate the strapping of the romex.

S
Most resi panels are 14.5" wide...the exact spacing between studs. By design, they're meant to be mounted directly to wood.

Sixer

"Will it be cheaper if I drill the holes for you?"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard