crl22191, this was for my own house; I typically DO specify switchboards at work, but I work only large industrial sites for electronic equipment on military bases (smallest I'm usually involved in is 800A) and we have some unique requirements- one of which is that servicible equipment MUST have a local means of disconnect for safety- which is why I purchased this panel with the intention of putting in a main breaker as a local disconnect. As it turns out, I didn't really need it though, and I installed the panel MLO. I used #1 CU for the feeder, btw- Murray panel on the other end was only rated for 75C. I plugged the MB holes I'd already punched out and didn't need with plastic plugs listed for that purpose.

Where in code is the mounting method for the panel specified? The instructions on this panel made no mention of the listed fasteners or even what holes were to be used, so I just used what was on-hand and logical. It's easy enough to drive in sheet metal screws into the backing 2x4s if those are required vice deck screws.

[This message has been edited by SteveFehr (edited 08-31-2006).]

[This message has been edited by SteveFehr (edited 08-31-2006).]