Cool question.

First is this section of raceway covered by the NEC? I doubt it.

I do agree common sense says it needs to be bonded.

1)Install a bonding bushing on the RMC and run a #4 bond wire to a 8ft ground rod at the base of the pole...

Pointless ineffective waste of time.

2) Install a bonding bushing on the RMC and leave the #4 bond wire long enough for the Utility Company to run it up the pole to connect to the grounded service conductor...

That could work if the POCO is agreeable.

3) Run a #4 bonding wire with the underground lateral and connect to the bonding bushing on the pole end and connect in the meter at the house end to the grounded service conductor...

That would also work but IMO a waste of materials and adding unnecessary length and impedance to the bonding conductor.

Here is my suggestion, install bonding bushing and install a short bonding jumper from the bonding to the grounded conductor as it emerges from the GRC.

Simply use a connector that you can easily tap the grounded conductor with. H-Tap would be nice.

250.142 Use of Grounded Circuit Conductor for Grounding Equipment.

(A) Supply-Side Equipment. A grounded circuit conductor shall be permitted to ground non–current-carrying metal parts of equipment, [b]raceways[/b, and other enclosures at any of the following locations:

(1)On the supply side or within the enclosure of the ac service-disconnecting means

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts