We cannot install electrical equipment with the thought that something disastrous is going to occur. If we did, we would go back to candle light dinners .

Regardless of that, it is permitted to be installed in bedrooms.

I think candlelight dinners are cool! [Linked Image]

I also agree with PCBlarge's statement, we cannot assume the worst when any thing is installed. :thumbs up:

But by the same token, as we've all seen in real life and in this forum, just because it's permitted doesn't necessarily mean it's the smart (or safest) thing to do.

Like wa2ise had posted, I too lived in an apartment with the breaker panel in the bedroom (the smaller of the two rooms). I used that room as an office. And that panel had no high-current (or 208v) loads served from it. (The complex was 208/120 service.)

My other apt. in Central Calif. had the panel located in the laundry "closet" with the washer and dryer. Again, no high loads. (Gas dryer.) (Of course, now the working clearance was questionable at best...)

So really, I guess to clarify my position, IF there were no Range, Elect. dryer or water heater loads served I would be o.k. with a bedroom panel, NOT located in the master bedroom. Otherwise, no way. I'm kinda stubborn like that. [Linked Image]

Stupid should be painful.