Charlie
I'm not trying to be quarrelsome when I say that you can take this look ahead stuff too far. I have had inspectors red tag a twelve slot panel that was used as service equipment because some one might install tandem breakers in it in the future. I've had home inspectors criticize multiwire branch circuits as a danger to do it yourself homeowners. The implications are ominous. If the entire electrical system has to be built so as to protect unqualified persons from their own stupidity we are heading down a dangerous road. It is a legal axiom that "no one can be required to imperil them self to rescue another from their own folly. That axiom is known as the doctrine of rescue. If the trend suggested by this change continues you should be able to sue uninvolved bystanders for not pulling you out of your burning car after you crash while driving drunk. I do realize that I'm offering an extreme example but that really is were this nanny state regulation is heading.
--
Tom H

Tom Horne

"This alternating current stuff is just a fad. It is much too dangerous for general use" Thomas Alva Edison