I just started a 30k sq/ft office, and they want a master switch for all of the lighting on the mezzenine level, (Not shown anywhere else.) and they have switches all over the place in every area of an open office area. Talk about confusing! I asked the Arch' breifly about it, (Just so happens it is thier office too!) and they had no clue of what I was talking about. I said, "So the people on the area below the mezzinine want to turn on the lights, they first have to come up here to do that?" The answer was "Well, yeah." I think we'll have to talk about this again later........ There are six ways to enter this 10,00 sq/ft space.... All three ways for multiple circuits at every entrance, and a barley locatable master to drop them all. So yeah the feed, and switch side of the circuit will be almost 400'!

Anyway, to answer your question Mustang, you could do it that way, is it best, it depends.... (On how much control and if they want any other features with it.) I'm thinking of something like this after they all get a chance to wrap thier minds around the idea.

http://www.lutron.com/grafikeye/specs/softswitch128.pdf It has low volt switching to the contactor panel.

In California which have some reaching energy requirements. Like dual switching of office spaces, etc. And all the other crap Bob mentioned, but hey... It keeps us busy! Right Bob?

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 10-22-2004).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason