As to the supporting screws through the back of a 4s box, if this is indeed a violation, how are we to mount Exit Signs and similar things on the Tile of an ACT T-Bar Ceiling?

What I mean is the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) is to hang a 4s Box (with a 3/4" Raised 3/0 ring normally) from a 24" Span Box Hanger (Caddy number 512 to be exact!), utilizing 1/4" × 20 Screws through the Box, landing into Box Clips (Caddy BHC).
Complete Assembly is only mounted via screws through the back of the Box (and "Backed-Up" with at least one #12 Ceiling Wire, in case the Ceiling and/or Tile becomes "Suspendedly Challenged").

Sure hope this type of Installation is not a Bozo No-No, because I have installed literally Thousands of Exit Signs this way!
I try to avoid doing things that appear as if the Three Stooges performed the Installation (or stored the Materials, noted the Plansets, keep the Job Cards and Approved Sets in order, keep track / order of Tools, Manage the Project,...), so "Going Bozo" is totally not in the agenda!

Not mad, just asking questions [Linked Image]

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!