If you want info on the safety listing of a product, the best place to go is the manufacturer (listee). It would be improper for an NRTL to have these sorts of conversations with anyone calling up on the phone - confidentiality agreements with their clients are required by ISO guide 25. The manufacturer is free to go into as much detail as they wish with whoever they wish - they could even send you a copy of the report data that they paid for.

Besides, who would you call? You would have to know what office the product was evaluated at and/or the file number/report number. And then where is your purchase order for the consulting work you are asking for? Your inquiry may lead to someone doing some checking on a given product (though I doubt it ), but shouldn't result in your immediate satisfaction. I wouldn't be comfortable using an NRTL that had a blab fest with every wise guy who gives them a call...

I'd say the best way through the corporate firewall would be to call the manufacturing or engineering location and ask to speak to a person in compliance, regulatory, or product safety engineering concerning the listing on product XYZ that your company is considering using. The person you reach may be completely clueless, or they might be able to explain every last detail of their product listing.