I have a question concerning "Smart House" wiring. I have a large(8000sqft)custom home started and the customer has decided to install a "Smart House" system that will control lighting, HVAC and security via a computer interface. The customer has contracted a company to install this system. This company has not installed a smart house system before but has an employee who attended schooling for it last summer.
This company is telling me that I should wire all lighting circuits as I normally would but they will provide me with the switches for the lighting that I will wire just as I would a normal 1P, 3-way or 4-way switch. These switches they will provide will have additional terminals for their low voltage wiring which they will terminate. I have a meeting with a rep from this company scheduled for 01/07 and would like to have some input from anyone experienced with smart house systems before then. If anyone has any insight, please share it with me. It sounds a little fishy to me running 24V wire into a metal device box with 120V cable and a device with no dividers.