Ah, yes - good approach Steve!

Here's a little more added to your example:

I have an 8,500 Sq. Ft. House with basement, 2 floors, large Kitchen, 3 car garages, etc. [much overkill!].
I plan to have the Clampetts live with my family of 9 people in said house once it's completed.
Ellie May plans to bring home 30 dogs and 25 Gorrillas from the Zoo, all need plenty of light and "attention" [AKA Vacuuming up 'zee `Poo `Poo].
Jethro will be turning the truck into a dragster, or building rocket ships to go to the moon.
Granny has 4 electric powered stills to cook her "Corn Squeez'enz".
Jed has converted from hand tools to power tools.

I have 2 kitchen circuits, 1 bathroom circuit, 1 laundry circuit, 1 lighting circuit per floor, 1 bedroom AFCI circuit, 1 receptacle circuit for all other receptacles, 1 FAU circuit.

This could easilly work for certain people [like ones who fear electrical power [Linked Image]], but what exactly makes it suck so bad to wire my house to these NEC minimums?

Without doing any math, it looks like a 125 amp service would satisfy minimums here [non-electric cooking eq.]

Students, please point out the pros or cons of this setup [other than the eccentric room mates].

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!