I suppose I could have been a little more clear. Only the NEC counts, other codes need not apply, which you would know if I told you this would be built in WV, outside of city limits.

A strong case can be made for Glenn's 600-5(a). This is one that is usually missed or ignored. I realize the Mountain State is so steep that we'll sell you both sides of the same acre, but you can pretty much walk up to any building. I don't believe that "accessible to pedestrians" is defined in the NEC, so taken very liberally, the circuit is required. Of course, Bill has a point that this might be part of a larger facility, but it would have to be completely surrounded by that facility with no exterior doors of its own (I think?).

Sparky's calculations seem fine to me. 210-11 requires the branch circuits to be provided based on the calculations in 220-3. 210-11(a) tells us how to calculate the number of required circuits. I think that 2 is the answer. Install the minimum number of circuits and one light fixture near the panel to comply with 110-26(d).

Therefore- 3 circuits is all that are required in this building.

Cordless hammer- plain old hammer, no batteries. When someone asks to borrow my cordless screwdriver, I hand them a 4" long Klein straight blade, after all, there is no cord.

Scott, help yourself. I didn't use right handed widgets because they are powered by Plutonium 240 which puts out a lot of btu's & would have required a real HVAC system.

I've used this example on occaision (or one like it), to show that wiring a house can be a lot more complicated that wiring a commercial building. This really hits home when you realize that this building doesn't even require 1 plain old 120 volt receptacle anywhere in the building. Compare that to one every twelve feet in most rooms of a house.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 04-23-2001).]

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.