This is definitely an interesting thread.

Kind of funny that a Commercial location would only require that 1 circuit for lighting and recepts, whereas the minimums for a house are 5 circuits [it's 5 circuits, or is it more / less??].
But that's the minimum requirements.

Love the scenarion explainations, Tom!! Mind if I use them in some Hypotheticals in the future?? - mostly in the field, but possibly in the BB's.

Bill,
Ya, the VA/sq. ft. stuff is to figure the minimum ampacity / load demand on the feeders. The receptacles [at 180 VA / duplex] would be added to this lighting load, then figured by demand factor [since there's so few, the demand would be 100%].

I would imagine that, following the order of all the other conveniences - the lighting would be from either gas lamps, or burning trashcans. Once again, no lighting loads
But there might be an exception to this, as pointed out by another person - illuminated exit signs.
That would depend on the UBC and local Building, Electric and Fire/Life/Safety codes. If there is no overriding code, then no illuminated exit signage needed.

Add 600-5 since it looks like the building is at least somewhat a stand-alone deal, by having it's own 200 amp service [I'm grasping at straws].
So that's one exterior lighting / sign circuit.

If exits are needed: 3 circuits [1 recepts/lights, 1 exterior, 1 exits]. then send out Invoice.

If no exits: 2 circuits, then Invoice.

Scott SET

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!