Celtic, I would say it was between who ordered or recieved the order of the ranges, but clearly the persons who installed the cord would be the responcable party for checking that neutral ground bond. They installed the cord, and being as such, any HO or GC could install it themselves and be totally unaware. They keep shipping them 3-wire as replacement units. When what they should do is ship them as 4-wire and note if there is a problem with the cord not matching to call an electrician. Or devise a detachable choice of cords, and a special mating that has the bond on the 3-wire one, or no bond on the 4-wire one.

aldav53, (And NORCAL)
The 4-wire code is only for New Construction.... You might still be able to use it? If, "the grounded conductor is uninsulated and part of a Type SE service-entrance cable and the branch circuit originates at the service equipment." See 250.140, all 4 conditions in it need to be met.

aldav53, I'm questioning your wording on your last post in my head though...

"Its a double convection oven and a has a pigtail with 3 - #10 conductors and a ground. So will go a [/i]10-3 NM[/i] 30a ckt new ckt."

Have you checked the name-plate kW of this "double convection oven"? Just because it has #10 conductors in the pigtail, (which may be aspestos appliance wire rated for high temp) doesn't mean it is a 30A circuit. Odds are that it is a 40-50A unit! Often appliances are wired with much smaller whips in high temp wire insulation rated for a lot more ampperage that thier building/premisis wiring counterparts.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason