Stevie, your first post is a thing that was, but is gone forever after you edited it. [Linked Image]

With that said, this is a great trade, I have been in it for 32 years (34 if I count some phone subcontractor work) and have continued to learn something new almost everyday, which is a big part of my enjoying this trade.

One thing that needs to be understood is that there is a difference between installers and ELECTRICIANS, what you end up being depends on your desire to go as far as you can or if you are just happy with a pay check on Friday afternoon and a basic understanding of wiring.

Some of the people I came up through the trade with have ended up working in Australia, Russia, Jamaica, Mexico, (made very very good money setting up industrial plants) Grand Cayman, and I'm sure I'm not hitting all of them, these are just the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Working in the field as a Superintendent was the best position there was IMO, I'm in management now (the last ten years) and miss the field terribly.

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 07-10-2006).]