Yes Bob in the context of the what you quoted me on, yes, I was refering to Steves comment on countertops...
Why would anyone even THINK of placing a receptacle face-up on a countertop?

But back to the range outlet, don't think I have ever seen one installed on the floor, doubt I ever will around here. Just one of those interpetation type items. Simluar to those removable panels on Sub-Zero reffers that allow it to be un-plugged without unscrewing and moving it, provided you have put the receptical in its prescribed 6"X6" area described in the instructions as access to disconnect. Many other appliances around here are looked at in the same way. Dishwashers, trash compactors, ovens, insta-hots, under-cab reffers and even microwaves if installed fastened in place. Most find the outlet in adjacent cab, not that its required, or the only way, just the way we do it around here. But if you folk back in mAssachusettes (Where I grew up BTW) wanna lift a range to unplug it, more power to ya. [Linked Image]

Anyway, like I said earier... "Note the OP is being questioned by the boss as to why it might not pass, which is why I replied with questions as the premis to the codes posted, otherwise its fine", install anyway you see fit, so long as it doesn't clearly violate a code, or common sense...

Or maybe I try this again with smilies. [Linked Image]

"Is it horizontal face up? Could it count as a work surface?" [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason