Ya know I really do feel lucky to have been working with good rock and tape crews for the last several years. (for the most part.) Personally I feel that there is some subtel skill to that trade. (Esspecially with custom finishes, as most of the jobs I am on are. Hacks would just not get that work...) I get treated well by them, they use guide point bits, instead of busted or non-guide points. I GET my boxes BLOWN OUT and free of dust. I don't get joints at my switches or outlets. Mud is clear of my openings, and they even stuff paper in the boxes to protect against paint. But here's the kicker, it's thier job! And it's on all of the upper end GC's contracts to do so. (As a boiler plate spec.) Likewise, if I knick an egg-shell finish, thats 3 back charges. Rock, Paint, and GC for coordination... But if I.m missing a box and find it, thats 3 back charges to the rocker... So they often count the openings before they start, and match it to thier bid, count again at rock and mud.

Then, there are the hacks.... Low ball rockers with little to no skill in the way of finish, and the low balling GC's who hire them. I occassionaly work for that type too. I treat them the same way, but I ussually don't get in return.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason