to WFO

Average time from datalogging experience on houses is that the Ave load is around 2 Amps for 20 hrs / day The other 4 hours it can be anything from 2.1 up to 60 Amps.

In general I would conclude that the Ave error is probably around the 3 to 4 % mark which is not too bad cosidering those meters were 70 + years old. The higher loads > 30 Amps are usually drawn around cooking times when ranges and hotwater demands are higher. Winters in Auckland are not that cold and maybe over a 2 month period some form of electric heating is needed to keep the houses warmer and dryer.

Some shorted turns in the current coil counteracted the increase in speed of the disc too.

Remedie: Probably 99 % of these meter have been replaced by now. There might be the odd one around. Because they had cyclo type dials the meter readers didn't complain too much. Usually these were in the old homestaed houses , sometimes on a marble switchboard high up in the dark corners of the hall.

I gor one in my collection and will post a piccie, and ask one of the moderators to insert it. [Linked Image]

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.