I have had the same Milwaukee right angle for over ten years, the only problem I have with is that I occassionaly loose the chuck key. I have hit all kinds of nails, and bolts once or twice with it and no problems. Can't even think of how many holes I've drilled. You really have to try to break one! I think the only one I have ever broken was an employers, and it was after drilling through most of a condo complex, for 8 hours straight, for several months. Replaced the brushes, and back to work.

renosteinke must be talking about the wierd light duty one that looks like a bird for some reason. I don't think that one could handle a wood auger of any size.

Red, blue, gray or yellow, most of these are standard, old, "user-servicable" designs, and haven't changed much for reasons. To me: it seems that it's not so much where they are made, but the quality of the design. Most of the newer tools, and especially ever changing cord-less tools are compromised from the bat in design. Which seem more, and more disposable. The corded Milwaukee right-angle design is just about perfected, and hasn't changed much in 20 years, and for the most part, "user-servicable". You can get an old one from a flee market, and if doesn't work, with a few changes of "user-servicable" parts have it working in no time.

(removed over-size link)

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 05-22-2005).]

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 05-22-2005).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason