Sparky,

Fuzzy Logic is an AI Technology [Artificial Intelligence] that was supposed to be more popular than it is now [Linked Image]

It uses "Feedback" from the environment around it and builds a Database according to what it sees and what it should do.

It's undergoing extensive testing in Japan for their high speed passenger trains.

It appears to be getting a few applications here in the states. Have you noticed some newer Camera applications on traffic signals [ones that are not "Big Brother"]. These would use Fuzzy Logic Technology for traffic control.
My Brother-in-law works at a firm that is developing [actually has developed] these types of traffic control systems here in So. Calif.
The program learns what constitutes traffic by "watching" the intersections with four [4] separate cameras. As it learns, it will identify a car, truck or pedestrian by enclosing a "pick box" around the subject. All this goes into it's database. from there, it "learns" the types of traffic which it will need to control at that intersection.
Benefits are signal synchronization and traffic controlled per situation, rather than "guesstamation".

It is a really neat technology, one that might soon pick up in the Machine Tool Industry and possibly on Lighting applications.

As far as any Calcs books, I use "Standard Handbook For Electrical Engineers" by Fink and Carrol, published by McGraw - Hill. Also use many theory books [I can list if needed].

Next, check out the ECN bookstore, as you may find exactly what you are looking for. This would be more structured to the EC, as opposed to the EE.

I get a lot of books from an on-line tech bookstore, but there material may be way off topic for what you are looking for.

Lastly, I use the SPD design book from Bussman, plus other older documents. These are available on-line from bussman [the fuse company]. Be sure you have either the Adobe Acrobat reader [cheapest and easiest], or a full version of Acrobat [I have the full version 4.0xx] in order to view these files, as they are .pdf files [Portable Document Format, the common acrobat file].

Also check into epanorama.net, as they offer a lot of tech stuff.

Good luck!

Scott "S.E.T."

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!