IMO:

Nearly all "Legacy" Sparkies will complain of Back and/or Knee problems.
It's from the bending, kneeling and the awkward angles encountered when pulling / feeding.

People in their first to third years of Field work will complain of Feet, Legs, Arms and Wrist pains. Eventually they become "use to this" and the problems seem to go away.

When getting into more advanced rolls in the Field / Trade, then additional tolls take place - as mentioned by others in this thread.

Stress increases when taking on Management positions - such as Forepersons, Proj. Mgrs, Superintendents, and such.
This brings on the sleepless nights, the headaches, stomach problems, gray hair, and other fun stuff.

Since my own personal experiences have dealt with all aspects of the trade, I have these ailments:

• Back Pains - from lifting, bending, carrying, etc.,
  • Knee Pains - from kneeling and "walking on knees",
  • Foot Pains - from walking thousands of miles on the uneven and raunchy surfaces of the typical Construction site, along with working off Ladders for Hours and Hours,
  • Short-Term Memory Loss - from getting shocked and/or falling off a Ladder,
  • Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - from twisting Wirenuts, along with excessive Computer usage and Drawing by hand,
  • Deteriorating Eye Sight - from working with HID Lighting, and from the stuff above - which causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome,
  • Stress-Related issues - from doing Foreman, Stupid-visor, P.M., Engineer, Consultant and related tasks too long,
  • Gray Hair - from thinking about the above items! [Linked Image]
  • Trying to make "Memory Jokes" too many times! [Linked Image]

Although these ailments are so very crucial, I would not change the Career path at all!

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!