Dave 55 -- thank you for your encouragement. I need it.
Iwire and others,
This is more difficult. I have always believed in doing the best job I am capable of. My way might take an additional one minute apiece for a total of five pieces. What is the value of an extra minute over a live span of the project of 20~30 years?
And what is the cost if a poorly deburred cut eventually scraps through the insulation of those 3/0 cables sometime in the future? I do not like falling victim to the lure of the Almighty Penny.
As for support during the cut, another dodge is to pass the conduit through the smaller opening in the web of the bender and wedge it on the floor, tripod style.
Someone mentioned rejecting cut which aren't square. But sloppy cuts are probably acceptable as long as there ore no burrs and it's not so bad that the integrity of the connection is compromised. After all, the inspector does not inspect this. You only have your pride to live up to.
I must admit that I have a disadvantage in this field since I come from a background in maintenance. One problem is that you have to deal with the shortcomings of construction short cuts. Another is there is less emphasis on speed but rather reliability.
~Peter