Glad to hear you are still with us. Its amazing how dangerous our trade can suddenly come.

Fortunitly I haven't been hurt other than a few random encounters with 120 and once with 277V, which all just reminded me to respect what we work with.

My closest scare was a building I was running where my boss took over on the day when we were pulling in the feeds for a 1200A subpanel fed from 2000A switch gear. 4 parrallel 4" runs with 4 350 mcm each.

Days after my boss had me run over at the end of a day and turn the building on. I was kinda of tired and wasn't thinking to test the run, but right as I reached for the breaker my boss called me on the radio and reminded me to test the run. They had screwed up landing the wires, all 3 phases were miswired, causing a dead short between all of them and ground with 350 mcm. I was so pissed at our guys for screwing that up, but thankful for that radio call.

I still wonder exactly what would have happened if I threw that switch standing in front of the switchgear.