This happened to me when adding a receptacle and cable jack in my master bedroom. I bought one of those brackets that you hang a television on and proceeded to mount it -all went well . Then I decided to add a receptacle and cable jack in the wall behind the tv.( 7' off floor) So I got my right angle drill, went to basement drilled into the wall, cut the end off the fishtape and worked it up through the insulation to the top plate inside the wall, go back up to the bedroom and cut out the drywall , reach in and feel around and pull out the fishtape, make a new hook on it, tie a string to the fishtape, go back to the basement and pull out the fishtape with the string on it cut the string roll up fishtape, all going great so far, roll out the romex and the coax, run them over some duct work and walls in the basement to where the string is hanging But now the string is gone! looked around but no string, went back up to the bedroom and when I got there my wifes cat had pulled the string out and was playing with it ! So I go back to the basement, unroll fishtape, push it up the wall, go back up to the bedroom, reach back into hole I cut in wall, pull out fishtape, tie string on to it, go back to the basement, start to pull the fishtape out but it only comes about 5' then stops, I pull on it again and it moves about 6" then it goes back up 6", I pull it again, and again it moves down 6" then back up 6". so I go back up to the bedroom and find the cat is sitting on top of my 4' ladder with the string in it's mouth. Everytime I pulled the fishtape down the cat pulled it back up ! All went well after I shut the cat down the basement with me.
Now I know why I am a dog person !

Be Smart and Do It Right

[This message has been edited by luckyshadow (edited 01-24-2005).]