As far as I know the utility that I work for here does not really care one way or the other if the seal is cut and the meter is pulled by an electrician.

Personaly I do not care either. It makes my job easier since I do not have to make a special trip to remove a meter band. Although some meters have lockbands and does require a trip.

Also there has never been a problem with "electrician connections" at the W/H. THe only thing that gets under my skin when this is done is that sometimes a change order is never called in and the work has never had a permit or inspection. After a few months those temp. conn. give up due to weather and the elements. Then we get the call of lights out or dim lights or whatever. The service usually gets permanent conn. although it has never been inspected. Unless the job was really shabby and can be determined unsafe by the utility(me). I applaud the guy who uses squeezons to make the conn at the W/H(just remember to put the copper on the bottom). THe guys who use the one bolt, insulation piercing contraptions, please stop. Those things are not worth a dime much less a 150 dimes!

I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't mind if ya'll guys make my job easier, just don't make it harder than it should be.

glenn35