Bill,

Thanks for the interest.

I don't know but at this point I believe that the insurance adjuster with a copy of our report inclusive of back up information will be more apt to pay for replacement of devices rather then disregard a potentionally hazardous condition. The information that we provide usually results in a call to an electrician for additional support if disputed. Maybe someone that does work as a result of insurance claims has better knowledge of that.

(I think these issues have to be evaluated too before a recommendation is made.)
With respect, if I understand correctly, I have a question. Why would the recommendation be different based on what the insurance company will pay on a claim?

I would hope that our customer would take our advice and the followup advice of a licensed electrician and fix the problem regardless of who is paying for it.

Sorry about the thread drift but maybe the following comments will give you guys some insight as to where we are coming from. We are just concerned in providing accurate information so the end user is aware so they have the opportunity to make an educated decision when it concerns their families safety.

What attracts me to the poster's on this board is you guys take potentional hazardous conditions very seriously. You will find on the home inspector web boards some posters are working for someone other than their customer and will pick and choose what to inform the customer of, decide in their own minds what codes and standards are important and the result is a vague, meaningless report and a quick sale of the house.

EB