Andy,
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, it does happen, but doesn't make it any easier.

Think that can't happen to electricians (especially those in their own business)??? Lemme tell ya about the early 90's [Linked Image]

There are several ways to become an electrician, but like the guys above said, there are only a few traditional methods.

Basically - go to work for an electrical contractor. Work for him for 4 years while attending night classes (do a search in your area for "adult education" classes) then sit for your journeymans exam.

Some rural areas (may I make that assumption here) are kinda thin on the apprenticeship classes, so on line may be the only choice.

I took a 4 year IBEW (Union) apprenticeship, but I have been teaching for the VA State Apprenticeship council for 20 years, which is non-union. That's why ya get lotsa different answers from this board.

And by the way, this board is a danged good place to come to for answers, dumb questions, and Oh yeah..... poking fun at Trumpy for living on the other side of the world, Bill the forum moderator for being a blonde headed Yankee, and most other things too!!!! [Linked Image]

Good luck, please join us in your new career, check in often, ask lotsa questions.... if you become a sparky, you're home here.

[This message has been edited by George Corron (edited 03-27-2004).]