Hello, This is a great place you fellas have going here, lots of information!

Recently I had a real eye opener as to the profesion that im in now which is farming. I have farmed 4000 acres on Magic water for the last 10 yrs which is in Buhl Idaho. We use 22 pivot systems and quite often there are electical problems that we face, which leads to usually calling an electrician to fix the problem.

I often admire the skills of an electrician and the trouble shooting ablitys.To make this story short I am currently in the process of going through bankruptcy which will leave me no option but to start my career over.

I am 33 and married with 3 kids. My wife Sharee is a RN Nurse at Magic Valley Hospital, so I do have somthing to fall back on for money.

The Career that I am looking at will be an Residential and Comercial Electrician. I would like to work on wireing new homes and other Big projects such as comercial buildings.

I am aware that I will have to start from scratch but am a little confused as how to work up to the top. I need your advice as to if I should just head to college for classroom time or somthing like a online distance ed program offerd would work?. I am aware that you need to be an apprentice for 4 years or 8000 hrs of job time, is that correct? What sorta time frame does it take to be your own man sorta speak?

I also wonder of the possiblity of just going to work for an electician now just to get an idea of how things work. Do I need to go to school to be an electrcian or can I get on the job experiance and take the state test that way to become an electrician? Are the online courses that some of these schools are putting on any good or are they a hoax sorta speak? The program I have found that seems the best is located here [url]=http://www.educationdirect.com/electrician/index.html[url] That seems like a good option for me as I will have my children to deal with during the day. But I will do what it takes.

The end goal of mine is again to have a buisness of my own but this time I would like alot more sucurity in my future. I know I ask alot of questions but I am trying to find out all my options, Thats why I am asking you the Experts!.

Thankyou for your time.
Andrew Larson
Larson Magic Farms
4600n 600e Buhl Idaho 83316