The grouped services are required to be bonded to the same electrode, 6 are "OK" if I bond them all together. A bit wierd.

Washdown area, or wet area, 1/4" air space is required, either by minerrallac strap, or service strap will work, BTW it is to prevent WATER, not debris, from collecting.

Don't know about the expansion plate.

Romex "breathes"??? You are allowed to sleeve romex for protection.......... BREATHES??????

OK, Beat this one, water enters building in PVC. Inspector had me remove the GEC from the water pipe (and 2 ground rods) and attach it ONLY to the PVC. I gotta say, I waited until he left, and put it where it belongs. I told this story at an IAEI seminar and had an inspector go off at me yelling that the inspector was the one who know what he was doing and I should not have changed anything..... another bright guy. Luckily, a fellow who "kinda" understood stood up and told the inspector he was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

I'll always be thankful to Bill Sommers for that - check the name on the American Electricians Handbook.

Since then, I have filled the role myself, and 'feel your pain'.