Hey Guys

I appreciate the interest. NJ wirenut, I was refering to 80.13. John(Hotline 1), what kind of proceedures? The problem with that around here is the price you have to pay in the long run as Golf Junkie mentioned. Electure, thanks for the welcome! Scott 35,
I'm in the middle of a "situation" right now and don't want to get too job specific. The inspectors I deal with are always public locality. I'll give a few instances of what I think are bogus calls I've had, at the risk of being proven wrong on a few.

You have to drive 6 ground rods for a 6 meter commercial overhead bused gutter service?

You can't drill a hole in the expansion plate
of same 6 meter gutter for the grounding electrode conductor entrance, even though it is butted against a wall and could never be used?

You can't run Rigid on outdoor concrete unless it has at least 1/4" space so debris won't accumulate around it?

You can't run Romex in conduit because "it has to breathe?"

I just had an inspector tell me it is no longer legal to run EMT outdoors because the
maufacturers of the fittings(no specific brand) lost their listing that allows them to be UL listed as raintight. Heard of that one yet?

How about a "most ridiculous correction required by an inspector" contest. Any submissions? That ought to be fun!

By the way, by far most of the inspectors I have met have been great. So if you're one of those, no offense. It's those guys with the chip on their shoulder that cost the money.

Thanks