The physics of it all- I don't think I'll ever be bored, and I always lose track of time when troubleshooting.
commercial/industrial work
MTW
Helping people
Customers who recognize professionalism and expect no more from me than they expect from themselves
Old accounts-it's nice when a buyer retires and makes sure that everyone knows that you're a preferred vendor.
Good referrals from customers-I haven't needed to advertise yet-thank God.
The pride in my craft, which used to be standard, but now is not.
The ability to control my schedule and the realization that I could move anywhere and have a trade.

Dislikes-
Customers that are too busy to give you the information or resources you need for diagnostics, but not too busy to tear apart the labor bills for your footwork.
Rooftops in -10°F
Rooftops in 98°F/95% humidity
People who expect more from you than they expect from themselves.
Those Relatives!! Am I the only person whose entire family cannot seem to buy a house with decent electrical? I love 'em but wow-

AND-present company excluded- AHJ's that have their pet methods that are irrelevant to code, but enforced nonetheless.

I must say that I wouldn't rather be doing anything else. I regularly donate time on saturday and sunday to schools and churches and people with troubles. The part that really got me was the troubleshooting of control panels- I was hooked after two calls. Now that is 50% to 80% of business. If I had a worthy opinion, it would be to encourage you to learn how to read schematics well and practice troubleshooting machine tool wiring. It's amazing to me how many times I've been the 3rd or 4th person that was called,and the last. Good Luck - more are always welcome!