Only one thing I *disliked* and 1 I hated really,

Disliked- Some work areas, be it a Filty attic with nice itchey fiberglass on domestic, or a pit filled with hydraulic oil and dust/crap in industrial. (Worse still is asbestos - Suit up!)

You can put up with that though, Grin and do it .. then a nice hot shower !!

Hate- Idiots. Hate to say it but I have come across a few idiots in the trade. Like the chap who wired up a 415/3ph isolator near me and managed to wire two of the incommers across the gear. Bang. Isolated mistake .. nope he blew up more stuff than I can recount. Needless to say I refused to work with him at all. Nothing worse than doing your job then having to check the job of the guy to your right becasue you dont trust him [Linked Image]

Get a good buddy working alongside you, follow the lock-off rules and its a great trade. I'm no golden boy .. I've had a few shocks in my time ... but as long as you play safe and enjoy it, its all good.

I love the fact the job includes manual work (Pull in an 11KVA supply and tell me its not manual!) Theory/thinking (you cant fault find by randomly sticking meter probes on contacts) and people (Customers - Yer sometimes they a pain, most are good though!)

Great career, If you have half the good time I do on the job you'll be happy for life [Linked Image]

Shaine~

Shaine~