Sparkmaster,

As some have said already, YOU have paid good money for these tools. Depending on your situation, you should let the shop provide their own tools. I have tons of tools, not only electrical. I have had both bad and good experiences with this type of situation myselt. Most of my friends know that I'm a nut about my tools. Most all are in excellent shape, are top quality, are clean, work as they should, and have many of the available accessories. I sometimes question the quality of a workman wo doesn't. Perhaps that's arrogant, but I believe that anyone that values his tools as much as I is trustworth, but then again, they would already have their own tools.

You use these tools to make your living. Anyone detracting from that also detracts from your ability to do so. Don't be offended at what the other guy thinks; if he'd screw you with respect to your tools, what the hell do you care about his opinion. It's OK for him to mistreat you and your tools?

I get on my soapbox about what being a professional and a tradesman is compared to an installer. Professionals care! I love the line one electrician gave when he didn't want to work with another electrician that didn't pull his weight. He said: I want a partner, not an opponent.